Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday, May 18, 2009

We are finally getting the rain we've been praying for, and it is wonderful! It rained quite a bit yesterday, and I woke up to rain again this morning. If only it had helped the girls sleep in! :) Oh well. It's lovely and I am really enjoying it, but it sure doesn't help my exhaustion! However, it should still be rainy around nap time, so the girls and I should be able to get a good nap. :)

I totally slaughtered my goal about not eating a lot of sweets this last week. Fortunately, a new week is a new opportunity, and I am going to do better this week! I have to, or my body will find itself gaining tons of unwanted pounds. That said, I am not opposed to gaining what I need to for my baby's sake--but ice cream and brownies are not in it. :)

The blanket is now progressing slowly--every other round (row in a circular project) increases the number of stitches, so it's not quick work any longer. :) My goal is two-four rows a day--that way I should finish the blanket in the next week or so. It may take me longer, but that's a reasonable expectation...especially if I mainly hold myself to two rows a day. That translates to about half an hour a day (at two rows), which isn't too bad. :) Don't get me wrong--I love knitting--this project just has a lot of counting to do, which means I can't watch a movie or talk on the phone or something at the same time. Blankets can become tedious because they are such large projects, and the ability to watch a movie or something helps pass the time. Not so with this one! But it is one that I will be very proud of when done, and it will be special, so it will be worth it. :)

It has been two weeks already since I discovered that I'm pregnant. Wow, time is going fast! We will all blink and I'll be telling you that I'm on my way to the hospital.

I hope you all have a lovely week (and I hope you'll have time to leave comments occasionally so I know I'm not alone here on my blog!). :)

Misty

1 comment:

  1. Testing...this time from my regular computer. But I normally look at stuff like this from my phone, so hopefully I can get that to work. -Stefanie

    ReplyDelete