Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Okay, so I cheated a little bit last night. I had hot chocolate. It was raining outside--really raining--and we had been hoping and praying for rain for a couple months. Trav was drinking coffee, and I can't stand coffee--although I LOVE the smell--so I decided to have a cup of Dark Chocolate Raspberry hot chocolate with a little fat free Reddi Wip (in my defense, the ff Reddi Wip is pretty low in sugar) on top. But now that that little splurge is out of my system, I have to be a good girl. At least until tonight. Trav made a mint brownie cheesecake. I can tell you now that I'm going to give in. But I'm not going to go crazy! I guess having sweets only once a week isn't super realistic, but I'm going to keep it as my goal. That way, if I slip up, it won't be a huge deal. If I chose to have sweets more than once, and then slipped up, it would be a much bigger deal. But I have to be able to splurge sometimes, right? :)

My blood pressure (bp) is staying low enough for now. It is usually between 109/70 and 122/80ish. Those are not exact numbers, but they are not going way over. Hopefully it will stay that way. Hopefully I'm using the cuff correctly! :)

I started knitting a baby blanket yesterday. I have actually started the project four times, and had to rip it out the first three times. After ripping it out three times, I decided to use a different pattern. This one is a lot of fun. The design is really neat too. Making this blanket has given me the opportunity to learn some new things, as well, which I love! I enjoy learning more about knitting--and the more I learn, the more I love it!

The girls are going to watch 101 Dalmations for the first time today. I hope I won't regret it. Most kid movies are either too scary or too full of bad attitudes/language I don't want my girls picking up on. Believe me, they don't need any help in the attitude department!

I guess I better go for now. A baby cow named Olivia just climbed up in my lap and is feeling cuddly, and I need to take advantage of this moment. :)

Pictures:



The top two are of the girls with the mouse stuffed animals I knitted for them for Mother's Day. The bottom is of the blanket so far--I actually have gotten farther, but because it gets bigger as you continue on with it, it's all scrunched up and doesn't take nice pictures.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment