For those of you coming over from my previous blog, I am so glad you're joining me once again. To the rest of you, welcome!
My previous blog was a lot of fun, but it was also a lot of work, so I decided to start over and keep it simple. :)
My goal with this blog is to take you along with me on my journey through a fit pregnancy. I am currently four weeks pregnant, and am due on January 13, 2010. I reach my second trimester on June 27th. :)
My first two pregnancies were miserable. I kept wishing them away--I was in a hurry to get them over and done with--I chose not to enjoy them. Not only that, but I was overweight and out of shape. I rarely exercised and I ate way too much. I ate a lot of unhealthy foods, like McDonald's, brownies, cake, and ice cream! I used my pregnancies as excuses to eat whatever I felt like eating, and the result was pretty ugly.
Over the last couple years, I have lost around 60 lbs. It has taken a lot of discipline and hard work, but it has been totally worth it. I am not in perfect shape, but I am in a lot better shape than I was! My muscles are toned (although some of them are still hiding under the last layer of fat I have not yet been able to shed!), I can do most work-out dvds without overdoing it, and I can spend upwards of an hour on an elliptical trainer or stationary bike. I don't say this to brag, but to let you know what kind of shape I'm in.
Now that I'm expecting again, I choose to do my best to stay fit and healthy throughout my pregnancy. I am going to savor every moment possible--especially knowing that this will be my last (God willing)--and I am going to exercise and eat right. Here are a few of my goals:
1) No complaining about how long I have left until my due date. (This will obviously come into play further along in my pregnancy!)
2) Exercise at least twenty minutes a day, five-six days a week as long as I'm not puking, or on restrictions from my doctor.
3) Eat sweets only on Sundays and special occasions. (Although my one day a week may not always be on a Sunday, this is the most likely day for most of my pregnancy. The occasional sugar free treat is also an exception.)
4) Eat a well-balanced diet to the best of my ability.
5) Remember to take my vitamins.
I hope you will join me--or at least keep me company--as I work hard to be a fit mommy. :)
Misty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment