Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ouch! My braces were tightened yesterday, and I am sore. Tylenol just doesn't quite work as well as ibuprofen for things such as this, but it's nothing compared to labor pains, so I guess I'll just have to be a big girl. :) I just hope the pain doesn't bring on the nausea. :)

According to webmd, the baby is about .05 inches long now. That's so tiny! It's amazing how miraculous this whole process is. So many things are happening right now--the heart, brain, spinal cord, muscles, and bones are all beginning to develop this week. It's so exciting and terrifying at the same time. I am definitely in no rush to get through this pregnancy, but I will definitely breathe a sigh of relief when the first trimester comes to a close. :)

I am still having a hard time believing that I am really and truly pregnant. I am so happy about it, but it still seems unreal at times.

My dog, Pixie, woke me up around 3:30 this morning. She's been waking us up in the night fairly often recently, so I decided to get up to see what her problem was. We've been suspecting raccoons because of some paw prints we found (we have wooded lots on all three sides of our lot), and I wanted to see these little bandits that had been raiding our bird feeder. I turned on the back porch light, and to my surprise, there was no raccoon! It was an opossum. And he was only a few feet away from me! Those things are so funny looking. :) I opened the back door--after all, the porch light didn't scare him in the slightest--and he/she took off. Thankfully Pixie went back to sleep and slept the rest of the night. So now I wonder if we have both raccoons and opossums, or if the footprints we found belonged to last night's visitor. He didn't exactly wave to me in passing, so I don't know what his paw prints would be like. :)

Well, I guess I better get going for now. Have a lovely day! We're half-way to the weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment