Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I'm back! Finally. :) I have been SO nauseated the last few days I didn't even try to blog. Well, I opened the dashboard a few times, but I always ended up shutting it down. But thank God for friends like Stef, who remind me that there is help in the world of modern medicine. :) And thank God for that modern medicine! I didn't use it my last two pregnancies, but I am on this one! I just can't function without it. My first pregnancy, I was home all day by myself...if I didn't feel good I could sleep or lay on the couch. My second pregnancy, Bethany (my first) was still a baby, and taking two naps a day. It wasn't great, but it was bearable. Now, with a nearly four year old and a two and a half year old, there's no way! :) Especially with all I have to do in the next few days to get ready for vacation. :) That's right! Vacation is only six days away. We're heading out next
Thursday night. So I'll be gone for about a week, but that will not be due to nausea. :)

Here are some of the things I have to do:
1) Catch up on the laundry, including washing the girls' new clothes bought specifically for this trip.
2) Finish preparing my notes for Kids' Church tomorrow as I am teaching the lesson.
3) Unload/reload the dishwasher (probably about six more times!).
4) Pack, at some point.
5) Get Pixie, our min pin/shelty mix, ready to go to Charline's for the week.
6) Set up bill pay for the next month.

I'm sure there are other things as well, but I'm going to leave it at that for now. :)

Oh! I got my hair cut! Now I look my age instead of 17. :) I know most people my age (nearly 27) would be happy to look 17, but when you're expecting your third child, it can be uncomfortable for people to assume you are so young. :) I love my hair cut. It's great.

I knitted an adorable kitty for my sister. I will be seeing her in Ohio (vacation), and will be giving it to her then. I will post pics on here since I can't put them on facebook yet.

I guess I better get going for now. I will come back later to post pics!

Misty :)

*Edited to add pictures:

Not a great pic of me, but you can get a general idea of my hair cut.


The cat I made. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your hair do looks great on you! The kitty you made is adorable! So cute! You are an awesome knitter. Wish I could knit but don't know how much less anyone that knows how to. My grandmother I remember when I was little knitted. She used to make me dresses. Sorry to hear about your nausea. Thats never no fun especially when you have two little ones to watch. Glad there's meds to help you with that. Have a great fun vacation! --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a super cute pic of you...I love the big smile! You look so happy. :)

    Hooray for modern medicine!

    And that cat you knitted is so delicate and pretty! Love it. It must've taken you forever.

    (Stef)

    ReplyDelete