Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Feel free to leave comments so I know I'm not typing this to nobody! :) I know you read it, Sarah, and you're on vacation...but is anyone else out there? Just wondering....

The last several days I've had plans for things I'd like to do during nap time, but I've had to give them up for an actual nap. I am at a stage in my pregnancy where I feel like I cannot go on without one--which is not something I particularly enjoy (the need, not the naps), but I'm grateful that I feel this way before I'm too big to be comfortable. It seems that some days I drop off before my head hits the pillow, and other days--like yesterday--I jerk awake just as soon as I start to drift to sleep. Those days frustrate me the most because I feel like I could have been doing something else. But at least my body is getting the rest. :) It's quarter to nine in the morning, and I already feel the need for a nap, so I imagine I'll be taking one again today. Hopefully it will be one of the pleasant, quickly off to la la land type naps. :)

My internal temperature seems to be unable to make up its mind. Sometimes I feel so hot, and others I'm freezing! With my previous two pregnancies, I think I was mostly hot (except when it was winter in Alaska--pregnancy with Bethany). Of course, I was also overweight--very overweight with Olivia. So I guess my body is having to re-figure things out for now. :) I guess I prefer feeling cold as long as I have my jacket! Which, of course, I did not have at Wal-mart and Sam's yesterday. Oh well. :)

Definitely experiencing more nausea now, but it's still not to the puking point yet...for which I am extremely grateful. :)

The girls like to pretend that they have "pretend babies" in their tummies, and they always want me to talk to their "babies." It's cute...but definitely cuter when they are talking to the real baby in my tummy. Their voices take on this gentle, infinitely loving tone--a tone that I imagine must caress the baby every time they use it. They are so in love with this baby, and I am so glad.

If the baby is another girl, Bethany wants to name her "Lucy Lulu." I don't think we'll be going with that one...but it's fun that she's picked out a name. Olivia wants to name it "Bethany" after her sister...she doesn't quite understand why that wouldn't work so well. :)

We have some more exciting news! I may or may not have already shared it...I can't remember. If I did, just skip this paragraph. :) Trav has been working six days a week for three years (excepting vacations, etc.). A year and a half ago he switched to a five day route, but unfortunately there were not enough hours so he had to keep picking up Saturday shifts to make enough. Towards the end of last year, he was approached to take a new route with another guy at work (he's been working alone on a recycling route for the last year and a half). The guy seems to be a really great, easy to get along with kind of guy, and the route is five days a week. The days would be longer, but he'd be getting about the same amount of hours that he was getting in six, and we'd have him home on Saturdays! We thought and prayed about it for a while, and after the New Year, Trav told them he'd be happy to switch. Several months later, he is finally going to be making that switch. (Long, boring story.) He's training someone to take his route, and when we get back from our vacation in a couple weeks, he'll be starting the new route. This is exciting and scary all at the same time! We've been praying for God's will though, so we know that whatever happens, it's for the best.

I better get going for now. Have a lovely week!

Misty

2 comments:

  1. Hey Misty!
    I just saw that you have a blog! Yay!
    ~Jen Hovis
    (MadrigBabe from xanga)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for your comment. :) I'm glad you discovered my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete