Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday, July 6, 2009

Anyone else weirded out by the fact that it's already six days into July? Didn't we just celebrate New Years? It seems that each year goes by more quickly than the last. Yikes.

I have a follower! Yay. :) Marti, do you have to have a blog on blogspot to be a follower? Cause I know that a lot of people have asked me for the link to my site a couple times (which isn't a problem, but I think it'd be easier for them if they could subscribe or something). Does it send my post to your e-mail?

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. Ours was decent. Yesterday was fun. I was exhausted all day, however, because someone in our neighborhood decided to shoot off fireworks from 1-2 am--and half of them sounded like gunshots. It was quite disturbing and prevented sleep for quite a while. But yesterday afternoon we went to someone's house and went swimming in their pool, and it was a lot of fun! I think Olivia is going to be quite the little frog eventually. :)

I am currently enjoying the second day of my second trimester. I can't believe I've already come so far! It seems like I was just finding out I was pregnant not that long ago...and now I'm a third of the way through! Anyone else feel like this is flying? I have a little more than a month until my u/s. Wow.

I am feeling pretty good. Still a little on the tired side, and definitely experiencing occasional twinges on my sciatic nerve, but pretty good overall. Morning (or all day, really) sickness has been gone about two weeks now, and it's nice to feel pretty normal. :) And now that I'm feeling good, I'm also feeling the need to work-out! It's been about two months since my last real work-out, and I crave it as much as I crave ice cream (which is a lot)! :) Fortunately, the pregnancy work-out dvd I've been wanting is due to arrive on Wednesday. It's a work-out dvd designed for mommies who are already work-out fanatics/athletic/etc. like me. :) I'm not athletic, but I love to work-out! It's strength-training, too, so I am really looking forward to Wednesday! For now I'll just have to use my stationary bike. :) But don't worry, folks, I'm not trying to lose weight while pregnant--just trying to avoid gaining more than I need to.

I am hungry almost all the time. I've been eating a lot of fruit to try to keep up with that without packing on the pounds, but of course, fruit doesn't stay long in your system. But at least it's sweet, and that helps some with my sweet tooth. Some. :) My metabolism seems to be set higher than ever before because I start to feel hungry shortly after eating most times. Maybe that means a boy? Who knows. After all, Trav is always hungry and can eat tons and tons without gaining an ounce...perhaps this little one will be like him. :) Unfortunately, I gain weight very easily. But at least if I'm working out, eating more will not be a problem.

Marti--I noticed that you commented about the belly-rubbing on my last post. I hate it. It's one thing for close friends or family to do so--or someone else if I invite them to--but it's MY body, and I don't like to be touched. Personally, I find it very rude--I wouldn't touch someone else's body if they weren't pregnant...me being pregnant does not give them permission to touch mine. But I can't bite their heads off either, so I try to find a way to pull away without seeming rude, or I just grin and bear it. But no one says I have to like it. :) I'm happy that Stef ended up not minding, because I think that would be easier, but I'm sure I wouldn't be the last to nominate Stef for sainthood anyway. ;) Well, except that she's too cool to be a saint. :)

In my last post, I said that Pixie wouldn't eat her chew things...the very next day, I found her chewing on one. I didn't read my post aloud to her, but somehow she found out, I guess. :) But dogs--and children--generally tend to make us out to be liars. :) Just like Bethany did last night when I told my mom that she doesn't like watermelon. But I think that had more to do with The Rule of Nana: I will eat anything off Nana's plate if Nana feeds it to me. But if anyone other than Nana offers it, I will despise it for life.

Feel free to ask me questions about my pregnancy--this blog is about my pregnancy, so no worries. The only questions that are officially banned:

1) Do you know what you're having yet?
2) How's the baby? etc.

My u/s is August 11th, and the baby and I are exactly on speaking terms yet, so I can't tell you. Unfortunately, we've not been able to figure out the whole telepathy thing yet either, so until the baby's born, I will not be able to answer this ridiculous question. :)

Other than that, I think we're good. I, however, reserve the right to add more questions to the banned questions list at a later time if it so becomes necessary. ;)

One more thing, and I must go for today. I gave up on the "sweets only once a week" thing a long time ago...I just keep forgetting to post about it. That said, I'm doing my best not to go crazy on them either. I've been getting Skinny Cow treats to help keep my cravings under control without going overboard. Although I do sometimes get a random craving for gummie bears (which I have yet to give in to) and those sour night crawlers (gummie worms) that you can get at Wal-mart for 97 cents a bag (which I have given in to). :) Yum.

Have a lovely day, and a lovely week, friends!

Misty :)

P.S. Feel free to keep commenting. :) This is fun! :)

2 comments:

  1. I also have a strange weakness for gummy worms (it's the same basic thing, I just prefer the worm form). Bizarre.

    Dogs are so funny! I smiled the whole time I read about Pixie; ours are crazy like that, too.

    Um, LOL!!! to the "sainthood" thing. I seriously was laughing at that. :)

    You know, I NEVER knew what to say when people asked "how's the baby doing?" and I was often sarcastic with them...but now I find myself asking the exact same thing! I think what people actually want to know is "is the baby kicking, how are you feeling, etc." I remember thinking the same thing as you...do I have a mental hotline to this kid to just "check" really quickly? Haha. All that said, how's the baby, Misty? ;) ;) ;)

    You might be hungrier this pregnancy because you're eating so much better. Before you ate pretty much whatever (right? like McD's and stuff?), which is high calorie food. But if you're surviving on lean meats, veggies & fruits, it's probably a lot harder to feel satiated. Of course I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV, either. I'm just musing.

    Okay, my banana cake is starting to smell "well-done," so I need to go check on it. Reading these entries IS fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just not going to answer that, Stef. :)

    As far as eating though, no, I wasn't eating McD's--I only crave that kind of nastiness when I'm pregnant, and so far, I only ate that kind of stuff while I was on vacation (and it was actually Wendy's). I ate pretty reasonably before getting pregnant. :)

    Banana cake? Sounds good. Is it easy to make? I bet it's calorie dense...sounds good right now though. :)

    ReplyDelete