Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday, July 20, 2009

I was reading a pregnancy update today, and it said that this is the part where it seems to go quickly and crawl at the same time. They sure got that right! It is going quickly, but I still have so far to go.

Three more weeks until the baby can hear sounds outside of the uterus. My mom will be excited to discover this as she firmly believes in talking to the baby before it's born. I have to say though, Olivia did seem to recognize her voice, so I imagine it works. :)

Bethany's fourth birthday is two weeks from today. I remember when I was carrying her--how in the world did the last four years go so quickly? She is very excited about her birthday, but she is even more excited about seeing the baby "on the special machine." :) I think she's possibly even more excited about the ultrasound than I am...and that's saying a lot.

People at church are still asking me every week if I know what the baby's gender is. I sure hope that the baby will participate! Then we can announce it from the pulpit (there advantages to being the pastor's kid/grandkid), and I won't have to answer quite so many questions...I hope. :) Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're so excited...I just get tired of questions ALL the time. :)

Word to the wise: Adopting a dog when you're pregnant is a bad idea. We adopted a puppy a little more than a week ago, and it just did not work out. Fortunately we have some friends adopting her from us today. And they will be a much better home for her than us.

I love my new work-out dvd! It's volume one of two, and I can't wait to get the second volume. It is a real work-out--formulated for pregnant women--and I am really enjoying it. In case I forgot to mention it before, it's The Perfect Pregnancy Work-out, Volume One. The mommy who does it is in GREAT shape (she should be--she used to be an acrobat with the Cirque du Soleil in France). Her name is Karyne Steben, and she's awesome. Volume One is strength training and birth prep (Kegels and a Keeping Up exercise designed to help you learn to focus). Volume Two--which is done by Karyne's sister Sarah--is mostly yoga. I don't know much beyond that since I don't have it yet, but I hope to find out soon! These dvds are about $20 a piece on amazon.com, but they are worth the investment.

Well, I did get the poll up yesterday, so feel free to vote! I can't wait to see the results.

Have a lovely week!

Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment