Wow, twice in one week! Can you believe it? :)
I tried out my new pregnancy work-out dvd today--well, part of it, but back to that in a minute--and I loved it! It has a great instructional segment that is about 11 minutes long, and then the work-out itself is about 40 minutes, I think. I'm not positive because I couldn't finish it. You see, there are three levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. After watching the instructional segment, I thought advanced was definitely the level for me. Unfortunately two months of inactivity renders me on the beginner level. After about 20 minutes, my leg muscles (mainly my quads) started spasming (sp?) painfully. I stretched my legs and stretched out on my bed for nearly an hour (the girls were watching Beauty & the Beast), and now I am almost back to walking normal. My legs will be sore tomorrow, but the good news is, once I recover, if I keep working out, then I shouldn't get super-sore again. At least not my legs. But I'm definitely going to start at the beginner level next time.
The strange thing is that I felt great through all the exercises--didn't feel like I was overdoing it at all--until I reached the upper body portion. That's when my legs started to spasm. It was NOT pleasant, but I survived, and I look forward to trying out my dvd again next week. Maybe Saturday, but I doubt it since we have a LOT to do on Saturday. The way our schedule is right now, July will be over before we get a chance to realize that it really is July!
Kidz@Nite went well last night. The first night was better, but not every night can be the very best. :)
I'm glad that I will finally be able to do a satisfying, but safe, work-out now. It helps me feel better about myself--and it gives me the willpower to cut back instead of eating whatever I want, whenever I want. Pregnancy tends to give me this "I deserve to eat this" kind of attitude--and that's one I can't afford to keep if I want to keep off the extra pounds. And by extra, I mean the ones that I don't need to gain for the baby's sake. :)
I'm going to keep it short today--after all, it's lunch time and my tomato sandwich is calling my name. Yummy. :) Now, if only I had an avocado for homemade guacamole....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment