Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday, July 27, 2009

Wow, four and a half days left in July. This is unbelievable! :) Even though I'm not in a hurry, I am glad that things are moving along at a decent pace.

I know it's early, but I am really starting to get excited about Christmas. I don't know why, but it just seems really special to me this year. The last couple years I dreaded our Christmas productions at church--the time spent preparing for them, etc.--but this year I'm actually a little excited about it. If I weren't pregnant, I might find myself counting down the days until October 1st. That's our very own family holiday--it's the first day we listen to Christmas music, and we enjoy it together as a family. Right now, I'm too busy counting down to Bethany's birthday and my ultrasound!

I received a happy surprise in the mail on Saturday. My new work-out dvd came early! I tried it today (it works out better for me to switch my order--Vol 2 on MWF and Vol 1 on TuThSat). I love it! It is a little challenging at first--this is not your typical, hold the pose for an hour (it seems like) yoga. But it's doable. The only moves (in beginner format) that were really very challenging were the planks and side planks. Those she does have you hold for a while. Overall, I am very pleased with the work-out. It's about 34 minutes long, and is excellent at reducing back pain. I also like that I got a decent work-out without getting super-sweaty. People looking for more traditional, hold the pose forever type yoga should look elsewhere. Doing this work-out today made me even miss my hour and a half of P-90X Yoga. :) After the baby's born, I just may have to try that again. :)

I am finally craving veggies again! I am so grateful for this (and hope it sticks around) because lately, veggies have been a turn-off. I was fine with them if they were cooked in something, but I didn't want to make them myself, etc. I know I wasn't eating enough veggies, but I think I'll be able to get them in now. :)

I got some cantaloupe on sale at Winn Dixie this weekend and I have really been enjoying it. Yum. :) I LOVE fruit, but I get stuck on one or two kinds and then burn myself out on them...so it's always nice to find a replacement.

I slept well (for the first time in a week) last night! And thanks to the girls sleeping in, I got to sleep until 8. :) Miracles still happen....

Well, it's lunch time (then nap time!), so I better get going. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Misty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment