Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3, 2009

Today is Bethany's fourth birthday. Ouch! I remember blogging when pregnant with her! Well, okay, so it's a very dim memory, but still...time goes so quickly. She is getting to be such a big girl. One more year and she starts school! Where did the time go?

One year ago today is the day Olivia went in an ambulance to the hospital for febrile seizures. Scariest day of my life. Even just typing this makes my heart tie in knots and nearly brings tears to my eyes. She and I spent nearly a week in the hospital, but she has not had a single seizure since that week. Thank God for that!

In other news, my u/s is one week from tomorrow! I am so excited and I can't wait to find out what we're having. I hope the baby will participate because, to be honest, I'm getting tired of people 1) asking if I know yet, and 2) telling me that they know it's a boy. It's great if it's a boy, but right now we just don't know that, and it just gets a little old. I don't mean to be a total cranky pants, but having SO many people ask the same questions all the time is just a little tiring. Especially when they ask week after week after week...you get the idea.

Yesterday I experienced my first (this pregnancy) attack of the belly-rubber. I just ignored the fact that she was doing it, but I can guarantee you this--I will not be able to tolerate this the entire rest of my pregnancy. I may be pregnant, but this is still MY body--don't touch! (This excludes, of course, my family and very close friends--most of which aren't near enough to touch anyway.) Why do people think that a woman's pregnancy is a license for them to do and say awful things they'd never do/say at any other time? Don't worry, I'm not getting on that soap box again today. :)

I also threw up for the first time this pregnancy yesterday. And unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the toilet lid up quickly enough, so it went everywhere. Yuck. But I cleaned it up, finished getting ready for church, and was only running 10 minutes behind! I think that's pretty good considering the circumstances. :) And now I know that while puking with braces isn't pleasant, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be either. :)

I managed to work-out four days last week (two days/dvd), but I think that's about my limit. Not saying I'll never work-out more than four, but it just doesn't seem likely. Life is just too busy with two little girls. But we'll see. :) Four days isn't bad.

Got a new book this last week--The Harvard Medical School Guide To Healthy Eating During Pregnancy. I've read the introduction so far, but that's all I've had time for since I received it Friday. It seems like it will be a very interesting read, but I'm thinking maybe I should wait to read it until after the last of Bethany's birthday ice cream cake is gone. ;) Just kidding. I can't wait to read it! :)

I am super-tired today. I've been working really hard on cleaning my house since Thursday (my allergies needed it, and so did the house). I did the intense deep-cleaning--which wasn't much fun--but it's great to have a really nice, clean house! Trav and the girls helped out some too, so it wasn't just me, but I did most of the work. :) I also made Bethany's ice cream cake and homemade limeade for B's birthday. Add to that shopping, cleaning the church, and being involved in ministry at church on Sunday, and you get one very tired Misty. But a happy Misty too. :)

I better get going for now. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment