Good morning! Hopefully this post finds you all doing well. Things have been crazy here (but then, when are they not?), but we're doing fine. Exhausted, but fine. :)
We had a small adventure last night--I was getting a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions in a very short period of time, so we dropped the girls at my parents and went up to labor and delivery. They hooked me up to monitors to check on Mackenzie and the contractions, and of course, the contractions slowed WAY down. I didn't want anything to be wrong, but it would have been nice if they contractions would have slowed down after the nurse got a chance to document them. She treated me like I was totally clueless about my own body. This is my third child, I know what bh feel like! But oh well, I just tolerated it. After a while, it was determined that I was not in labor, and I was sent home. That was a relief, but now I'm a little annoyed at myself for going in for nothing. But better safe than sorry, after all!
The good news is that my cervix is exactly as it should be, and Mackenzie is doing great! In fact, the nurse said that M's heart rate and activity patterns were that of a full term baby--and that she was in better shape than some of the full term babies they had at the hospital last night! And yes, my due date is accurate. ;) The only thing she was talking about were the heart rate and activity patterns--they didn't do an u/s.
The room I was in was very nice, and it was made for one. Nice to know what l&d is like now, but I would have preferred to find out by taking a tour. Oh well. ;) At least now we can rest assured that everything is as it should be.
My next ob appointment is on Thursday. They're supposed to be giving me the paperwork to go get my glucose tolerance test done. Yippee....
Have a lovely day, my friends!
Misty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment