I'm in my third trimester! I'm two-thirds of the way there. What a relief. :) I've been enjoying this pregnancy, but I am finally reaching the point where I'm ready for it to wind down. It's still unreal to me--most of the time--that we really are having another child. Yesterday I was folding the girls' laundry when it suddenly hit me--this is for real! We really are going to have another tiny baby who will turn into a crazy little girl at warp speed. Since we plan on this being our last, I will have to savor every moment. The thought of having another teeny, tiny little baby thrills me--and scares me a little bit too. Three girls? Wow. That's going to be a lot of drama in a few years. ;) But it will also be a lot of fun.
Bethany and Olivia are very excited about Mackenzie coming. Bethany is very impatient and asks me often how long until we go to "get" Mackenzie. She thinks we will go to the hospital, where the "special machine" (u/s) will spit Mackenzie out so that we can take her home with us. Ha! If it were that easy, the entire world would be overpopulated. :) But I look forward to labor. Yes, I know. I'm crazy. I guess it's the work-out enthusiast in me. Labor and delivery is like the most intense work-out you can do--with the most amazing reward imaginable when you're done. And once you've showered and cleaned up, you feel so amazing--knowing that that tiny, brand new miracle is very much a part of you. You did it! You nurtured the little bundle for 9-10 months, and now, after a feat even Hercules could not have completed, you have this snuggly little piece of heaven. Then they spit up on you for the first time. :) But it's worth it because he/she is part of you. She's yours. This euphoria lasts a little while before reality sets in--but it's different for everyone. However, the miracle fades little over time. You just have to choose to remember it when that four year old you once thought was a perfect angel tells you, "No!" :) Or when the almost-three-year-old poops in her panties...again. But even knowing what faces me in the next several years, I'm still excited. I can't wait to meet Little Miss Mackenzie. Correction: I can wait--for about nine more weeks. Longer if I have to, but that's when I'll start becoming impatient. :)
I reach full term on December 23, 2009. I am hoping to have Mackenzie (or Kenzie, as she is quickly becoming referred to) on December 26th...but we'll see what God has. It would just be excellent timing for Trav and I, as well as for my parents. But God knows what the best timing is...so we'll just leave that up to Him. :)
Okay, enough mushy-mommy stuff. :) Mackenzie is quite the mover. She feels so much bigger than she actually is because she is moving so much! I have felt what I am almost positive is her little bottom several times. She likes to shove it out above and to the right of my belly button (my right). Travis has felt it too. I guess she's just starting to feel crowded. :) Sometimes she moves so quickly, it feels like there's five in there! But there's not--the u/s very clearly showed that there is only one.
Which reminds me. Why do people ask stupid questions like, "Are you sure there's only one?" No, my ob is completely incompetent, and so is the u/s tech. I am still convinced that pregnant women must send off some kind of chemical that knocks people dumb. :) Oh well. Only a few more months!
I hope you are all doing well, and I hope to hear from you soon! Have a lovely day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi Misty! Just thought I'd leave you a comment. =) You look so great, you're a beautiful pregnant lady. I can't wait to have another one, he he. =) Wow, your pregnancy sure has flown by!
ReplyDeleteSarah Brant