Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday, June 22, 2009

Things have been so crazy lately, but here I am. :)

Last week was Kids' Discipleship Day Camp. It went really well but boy did I feel exhausted afterward! Lots of fun though.

I am now less than a week from my second trimester and feeling pretty good--thanks to modern medicine, anyway! :) I can't believe that I've come so far already...it's going so quickly. :) My u/s is scheduled for August 11, and I can't wait! We are so excited to find out what we're expecting. :)

I am "showing" now, but it's only because my uterus pushed the belly fat out. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid belly-rubbers for a few more weeks until the baby is actually sticking out some. :) (Or if I'm lucky, maybe I'll be able to avoid them all together!)

I had my first ob/gyn appointment last week--although I have not met Dr. Delcharco yet. I saw the nurse midwife--her name is Roana and she is wonderful! She had no problem with scheduling my u/s a little early so that I could do it before going to visit my sister, she wheeled in a mini-u/s machine so I could see the baby, and she asked me (without me mentioning it) if I wanted a prescription for nausea. :) She also was very supportive of me not getting the screening tests (for Down Syndrome, etc.) done, and she was just very sweet and supportive all around. :) My next appointment is in July, but I forget what day. :)

Seeing the baby was wonderful. The picture wasn't great quality, but it was so fun. :) The baby was flipping around and wiggling, and at one point, even seemed to be waving. I can't wait for my official u/s! :)

I better get going for now...thinking about taking the girls out back to the little pool we're borrowing from my parents for the summer. :) Hope you are all doing well! Can't wait to hear from you. :)

1 comment:

  1. EVERY pregnant woman has belly-fat. We couldn't even get PG without it (girls who are too skinny have fertility problems, right?). It counts as "showing" either way, whether it's uterus or big, big baby. So you ARE showing! Don't take the fun away from yourself. :) But what are "belly rubbers?"

    Why would they give you beef about the screening tests? I've never had a doc mention it more than in passing.

    I totally can't remember how far along you have to be in order to tell the gender. Is it like 5 months?

    So many questions! :)

    - Stefanie

    ReplyDelete